Saturday, December 14, 2013

Imagine Dragons (1) – Week Of December 14, 2013


11 more days till Christmas! I hope you enjoy Christmas. But I’ll be busy making all my end of the year posts for 2013. (My Top 45 Songs, Your Top 45 Songs, The Awards To Certain Songs, Hits 1’s Top 45 Songs Of 2013) I got a lot of work ahead of me. Before we get to this week’s Fresh 45, here are the songs we’re saying goodbye to this week.

  • Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#30)
  • Zedd feat. Foxes – Clarity (#31)
  • Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#38)
  • P!nk feat. Lily Allen – True Love (#42)

Last Week’s #1 Song: Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight
The Countdown
45. Lana Del Rey feat. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#43)
44. New Politics – Harlem (#44)
43. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (#33)
42. Linkin Park feat. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#26)
41. Wax – Rosana (#29)
40. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away (DEBUT)
39. Icona Pop – All Night (#39)
38. Sara Bareilles – Brave (DEBUT)
37. Rihanna – What Now (#41)
36. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah (DEBUT)
35. Ellie Goulding – Burn (#35)
34. The Wanted – We Own The Night (#37)
33. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#32)
32. Travie McCoy feat. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#27)
31. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us (#40)
30. Passenger – Let Her Go (DEBUT)
29. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#19)
28. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#34)
27. Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#17)
26. Panic! At The Disco feat. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#16)
25. John Newman – Love Me Again (#23)
24. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#28)
23. Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#36)
22. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (#18)
21. Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (#25)
20. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#10)
19. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#8)
18. Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#45)
17. Paramore – Still Into You (#5)
16. Lady Gaga – Applause (#6)
15. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#12)
14. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. ScHoolboy & Hollis – White Walls (#21)
13. MKTO – Classic (#20)
12. Zedd feat. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#15)
11. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#14)
10. Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#9)
  9. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#1)
  8. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#22)
  7. Eminem feat. Rihanna – The Monster (#13)
  6. Lorde – Royals (#7)
  5. Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#4)
  4. Katy Perry – Roar (#3)
  3. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#24)
  2. Pitbull feat. Ke$ha – Timber (#11)
  1. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#2) [1st Week at #1]

#1 Song 1 Year Ago: fun. – Some Nights

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Linkin Park feat. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (–16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (+27)

New Entrants
- Justin Timberlake is back! Drink You Away has a little folksy tune to it. Justin Timberlake is a great artist who did a great job performing this song on the 2013 American Music Awards. It is just a little bit more interesting than Mirrors but a lot more interesting than Suit & Tie. However, I’m not familiar with this song enough to rank it in My Top 45 Of 2013. Too bad.

- Who wins the battle between The Wanted and One Direction? It’s Midnight Red! Hell Yeah is an awesome song that can be played in any party. It’s a great tune to dance to. And it can even be eligible for my year end rankings because I’ve been familiar with it for a while. This is most definitely accepted into the countdown.

- This next song will also be eligible due to familiar-ness. It’s Sara Bareilles – Brave. I love this song because it has a great message to it. And that message is shown in the music video for this song. I recommend you to check out the music video. This does sound kind of like Katy Perry – Roar. And it is really inspiring.

- Last, and probably least, we have Passenger – Let Her Go. This band sounds like James Blunt. Let Her Go is not really interesting at all. I mean 1/3 (33.333333333333.... %) of the song actually sounds good. I thought this could be a week of all good entrants. But I was wrong.

Countdown Info
- I sense two potential #1 songs. One at #2 and one at #3.

- Eminem feat. Rihanna – The Monster finally ascended into the Top 10.

- You guys put Fall Out Boy – Alone Together back in the Top 10? Awwww... You shouldn't have. No really, you shouldn't have. I’m starting to get over that song.

- Funny how the best song I’ve ever heard (#42) and the worst song I’ve ever heard (#41) are both on the countdown.

- The way Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love moves up and down confuses me. Is it old or still considered a “hit”?

- I really really really really really (really really really) want Avicii – Hey Brother to debut the countdown. That song is amazing!

- Maroon 5 – Love Somebody is gone. So a new Maroon 5 would be nice. I recommend Lucky Strike. That’s a cool song.

- Cash Cash hosted Hit-Bound this weekend. Once again, is Mikey Piff okay?

- Spyder Harrison said Paramore – Still Into You had the biggest drop of the week. You can’t always believe what he says.

- VOTE FOR YOUR END OF THE YEAR TOP 45 COUNTDOWN!!! Simply go to the post called Your End Of The Year and post a comment with your vote!

My Top 5 Picks
1. Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. Linkin Park feat. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
4. Midnight Red – Hell Yeah
5. Justin Timberlake – Drink You Away

10 comments:

  1. YES HEY BROTHER SHOLD DEBUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Thrift Shop- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke, Royals- Lorde, Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Radioactive- Imagine Dragons, Scream & Shout- Will.I.Am, Same Love- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Don't You Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia, Heart Attack- Demi Lovato, Little Things- One Direction, Roar- Katy Perry, Demons- Imagine Dragons, Acapella- Karmin, Chloe- Emblem3, I Want Crazy- Hunter Hayes, Miss Moving On- Fifth Harmony (even though it wasn't on Hits 1, it should've been), The Monster- Eminem, Timber- Pitbull

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see Waiting For Superman- Daughtry, Let It Go- Demi Lovato, 3000 Miles- Emblem3, Dance Apocalyptic- Janelle Monae, Pumping Blood- NONONO, Replay- Zendaya, Say Something- A Great Big World- A Great Big World, Team- Lorde, Hold On We're Going Home- Drake, Neon Lights- Demi Lovato, Better Together- Fifth Harmony, The Wire- Haim, Pompeii- Bastille, & Marry Me- Jason Derulo all debut on Hit-Bound & Hit-Bound! There is enough CRAP on the countdown right now I think to let all of these songs debut! What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold cow a lot of typos...today is not my day it's supposed to say A Great Big World only once, and Hit-Bound & The Countdown for anyone who is confused!

      Delete
    2. Honestly, I like the songs that are on the countdown better than what's on Hit-Bound. But my Top 5 Picks on Hit-Bound are:
      1. Lorde – Team
      2. Goldhouse – Feel Good
      3. Bastille – Pompeii
      4. Lupe Fiasco feat. Ed Sheeran – Old School Love
      5. I Don't Know!... Glenn Morrison – Goodbye?

      Delete
    3. Oh. Calvin Harris feat. Ayah Marar – Thinking About You is #5 on My Top 5 Picks.

      Delete
  4. Bastille - Pompeii and Calvin Harris - Thinkng about u should debut soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So should Katy Perry - Dark Horse and Demi Lovato - Let it Go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Dark Horse over the week.

      Delete
  6. I vote Panic! At The Disco feat. Lolo – Miss Jackson and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton – Can’t Hold Us.

    ReplyDelete