Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 – A Year In Review

2013 was a great year. First off, we had some new breakthrough artists such as Imagine Dragons. There were some unexpected hits such as Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up). We've had songs that jumped all over the countdown such as Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love. I found the best song of the year (To be revealed when I post My Top 45 Songs Of The Year) and the worst song of the year (To be revealed as you keep reading).

A lot of songs have achieved the #1 spot this year. Some were good, some were bad, some were actually popular, some were just random. Without further ado, here are the songs that achieved #1 this year.



  • Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (8 Weeks)
  • Katy Perry – Roar (7 Weeks)
  • Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (6 Weeks)
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz – Thrift Shop (4 Weeks)
  • Ke$ha – Die Young (4 Weeks)
  • Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (4 Weeks)
  • Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble (4 Weeks)
  • P!nk feat. Nate Ruess – Just Give Me A Reason (3 Weeks)
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (3 Weeks)
  • Olly Murs – Troublemaker (1 Week)
  • Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (1 Week)
  • Maroon 5 – Daylight (1 Week)
  • Lorde – Royals (1 Week)
  • OneRepublic – Counting Stars (1 Week)
  • Imagine Dragons – Demons (1 Week)
  • Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (1 Week)
  • Pitbull feat. Ke$ha – Timber (1 Week)

Congrats to all those songs. Now there were a lot of songs I didn't like at first but I did eventually. And there were a few songs that I absolutely hated and still hate. It was actually hard for me to pick five songs I didn't like. But I managed. Here they are. (#1 being the worst.)

Bottom 5 Songs Of 2013
5. Kelsi Luck – That's What I Like
4. A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera – Say Something
3. Katy Perry – Roar
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls
1. Wax – Rosana

There were some good songs in 2012 as well. Here are My Top 5 Songs in 2012.

Top 5 Songs Of 2012
1. Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
2. Rihanna – Where Have You Been
3. Olly Murs feat. Chiddy Bang – Heart Skips A Beat
4. M83 – Midnight City
5. Ellie Goulding – Lights

There were also a few good songs in 2011. Here are My Top 3 Songs in 2011

Top 3 Songs Of 2011
1. JTX – Love In America
2. Cobra Starship feat. Sabi – You Make Me Feel...
3. Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine – Stereo Hearts

One song had the shortest tenure of 2013. It was a good one. And I was disappointed it lasted so short. Unfortunately, our shortest tenure song lasted two weeks.

2013 Shortest Tenured Song: Rihanna feat. David Guetta – Right Now (2 Weeks) 

We must honor this song as it did its best.

One song had the longest tenure of 2013. It was also a good one. It was the first song to last a full year! 

2013 Longest Tenured Song: Maroon 5 – Payphone (Debuted 4/21/12, Left 5/4/13)

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.



3 comments:

  1. I think the worst songs of 2013 were:
    5) Crickets- Drop City Yacht Club/Jeremih
    4) C'Mon Let Me Ride- Skylar Grey ft. Eminem
    3) Closer- Tegan & Sara
    2) Bom Bom- Sam & The Womp
    1) Rosana- Wax

    The Best of 2013
    10) Don't You Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia/John Martin
    9) Same Love- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Mary Lambert
    8) Just Give Me A Reason- Pink/Nate Reuss
    7) Scream & Shout- Will.I.Am/Britney Spars
    6) I Knew You Were Trouble- Taylor Swift
    5) Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    4) Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Ray Dalton
    3) Royals- Lorde
    2) Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke/T.I./Pharrell
    1) Thrift Shop- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Wanz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see someone agrees with me on Wax – Rosana.

      Delete
  2. Idk if you have yet or not but on my blog Today's Top Hits I posted the top 100 of 2013. Check it out and leave a comment on what you think.

    ReplyDelete