Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lorde (1st Week) – Week Of November 9, 2013


In less than one day, Lady Gaga will be releasing her new album, ARTPOP. iTunes is actually counting down the exact time it will be released in. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky (#21)
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love (#27)
  • Britney Spears – Work B**ch (#37)
  • Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U (#43)
  • Krewella – Live For The Night (#45)

The Countdown
45. Tegan & Sara – Closer (#41)
44. Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll (#19)
43. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (DEBUT)
42. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#26)
41. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#39)
40. Jesse McCartney – Back Together (#30)
39. Armin Van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (DEBUT)
38. The 1975 – Chocolate (#44)
37. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#32)
36. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#42)
35. Lady Gaga ft. R Kelly – Do What U Want (DEBUT)
34. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#38)
33. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (DEBUT)
32. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed (#28)
31. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#23)
30. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful (#31)
29. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (#29)
28. New Politics – Harlem (#34)
27. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#35)
26. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#33)
25. Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (DEBUT)
24. Cher Lloyd – I Wish (#22)
23. Wax – Rosana (#18)
22. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#16)
21. Icona Pop – All Night (#15)
20. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#36)
19. John Newman – Love Me Again (#13)
18. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#24)
17. Lana Del Rey ft. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#25)
16. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#5)
15. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (#17)
14. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#9)
13. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#6)
12. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#20)
11. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#12)
10. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#14)
  9. Lady Gaga – Applause (#4)
  8. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#8) [4th Week at #8]
  7. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#11)
  6. MKTO – Classic (#10)
  5. Paramore – Still Into You (#7)
  4. Katy Perry – Roar (#1)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#40)
  2. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#2)
  1. Lorde – Royals (#3) [New #1]

Biggest DROP!!!: Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll (-25)

Biggest Jump: Imagine Dragons – Demons (+37)

We have five new entrants this week. Kicking it off with one of two entrants that were on Hit-Bound.  Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night is interesting and is better than Clarity. It does make me want to get up and dance. I am not really into Hayley's vocals during the verses however. Also very dancy, we have Armin Van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like. This song is interesting. I can relate Armin Van Buuren's music to Calvin Harris' music. They're both pretty similar. This song has appeared a lot on Hits 1 last week during the weekdays.

Also coming from Hit-Bound, we have Serebro – Mi Mi Mi. I hated it at first. I thought it was really stupid. But I slowly got into it. They do say Mi Mi Mi a lot. So I'm pretty sure anyone could guess the title. They just won't know the title only has 3 Mi's.

Next we have Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster. Just by hearing Eminem ft. Rihanna, you should think, “Didn't they make a song before?” And the answer is yes. Everyone should remember Love The Way You Lie from Eminem's album Recovery. Well they teamed up again. This is the least I've heard Eminem swear. This song sounds kind of “pop-ish” rather than rap. Compared to one of Eminem's other songs called Rap God this definitely sounds like pop.

We finally come to Lady Gaga ft. R Kelly – Do What U Want. I find this song annoying. Applause is definitely better. Sometime this week, there will be a Hits 1 Exclusive of Lady Gaga doing a track-by-track of ARTPOP.

Spyder Harrison announced Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes being one of his favorite songs on the countdown. It is a really cool song. I am not a big fan of rock music. But I am most definitely a fan of dance music. Linkin Park teaming up with Steve Aoki was the best decision they have ever made. I love A Light That Never Comes. And guess what. It's in the Top 10.

I think Imagine Dragons – Demons set a new record for biggest jump ever. Going all the way from #40 to the Top 3. Too bad it didn't reach #1. If it did, they would have broken a record for biggest jump to #1.

The fact that Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark doesn't play very much during the week makes it okay with me that it is in the Top 10 once again.

Katy Perry – Unconditionally entering the Top 10 is going to be a big fat “NO”!

Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U leaves lasting only 4 weeks on the countdown.

Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll at #44 is a big fat “NO”!

There was so much suspense when we got to the Top 3. I was hoping Imagine Dragons – Demons would be #1. But my brother was hoping Lorde – Royals would reach #1. So when Katy Perry finished and Spyder Harrison said Imagine Dragons was next, my brother was happy. At that point, I was hoping Avicii would be at #1. But then the guest DJ said, “Holding at #2, here's Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up.” So my brother was glad that Lorde – Royals achieved the top spot. At least it's not Katy Perry.

I'm canceling my Hit-Bound review blog again. But I'm starting a new blog where I will blog song lyrics. I will give you more information on that next week.

I'm still accepting votes for your end of the year countdown. Come on guys I have zero votes so far. If you don't know how to vote, go back two posts and look at the last paragraph.

Recently released music this past week
- Avril Lavigne has released her self-titled album. It includes Rock N Roll, Here's To Never Growing Up, and her new single, Let Me Go. I'm working on a review for this album.

- Eminem has released The Marshall Mathers LP 2. It includes Berzerk, Survival, and this week's debut, The Monster. I really enjoy this album. Bravo Eminem.

- The Wanted has released their new album called Word Of Mouth. Which includes lead single, We Own The Night.

Song recommendations for the Weekend Countdown
- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Lose Yourself To Dance - That song is very catchy and dancy and should come in to replace Get Lucky.

- Ylvis – The Fox - That song is also very catchy and I would love for it to debut. However, a lot of people say they hate it. So I doubt that will debut the countdown.


- The Wanted – We Own The Night (!!!) - That song has been on Hit-Bound for months now. I am going to get sick of it before it debuts. If it debuts.

- Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger – Let Me Go - I am addicted to that song!!! I love it. I want it to debut.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
4. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy
5. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack
(6. One Direction – Story Of My Life)

2 comments:

  1. Nobody's gonna see this, but I was just kind of looking back and I saw "ARTPOP being released tomorrow". Wow, time flew. Also, The Monster debuting the countdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear to god I thought this was for the Weekend countdown olympics on your blog.

      Delete