Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Britney Spears was this weekend's guest host. Honestly, this was a terrible week. I have one question. When there is a guest host, do they decide where the songs go? Leave a comment if you have an answer. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
45. Cher Lloyd – I Wish (#40)
44. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#31)
43. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#44)
42. Lana Del Rey ft. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#25)
41. The 1975 – Chocolate (#38)
40. Icona Pop – All Night (#23)
39. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#32)
38. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#45)
37. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#42)
36. John Newman – Love Me Again (#27)
35. New Politics – Harlem (#26)
34. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#37)
33. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#30)
32. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#33)
31. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#36)
30. Serebro – Mi Mi Mi (#35)
29. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#19)
28. Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly – Do What U Want (#21)
27. OneRepublic – Counting Stars (#24)
26. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (#29)
25. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#22)
24. Wax – Rosana (#41)
23. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#1)
22. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. ScHoolboy Q & Hollis – White Walls (#43)
21. One Direction – Story Of My Life (#20)
20. Flo Rida – How I Feel (#39)
19. MKTO – Classic (#8)
18. Zedd ft. Hayley Williams – Stay The Night (#9)
17. Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo – Miss Jackson (#28)
16. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (#17)
15. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#18)
14. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#13)
13. Eminem ft. Rihanna – The Monster (#12)
12. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#15)
11. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (#14)
10. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#11)
9. Pitbull ft. Ke$ha – Timber (#16)
8. Paramore – Still Into You (#34)
7. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#10)
6. Lorde – Royals (#5)
5. Lady Gaga – Applause (#7)
4. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#3)
3. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#6)
2. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#2)
1. Katy Perry – Roar (#4) [7th Week at #1]
#1 Song 1 Year Ago: fun. – Some Nights
Biggest DROP!!!: Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (–22)
Biggest Jump: Paramore – Still Into You (+26)
No new music this week. I know. Sucks.
The fact that Katy Perry is back at #1 makes me wanna scream. And not in the good way.
I could've sworn Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight would've been #1. During Hits 1 airplay, when they have this random singer that introduces themselves and say, “This is your most wutchuwanted song,” most of those were Dance With Me Tonight.
I also thought Midnight Red – Hell Yeah would've debuted due to its huge increase in airplay. I'm supposed to close up opportunities for songs to debut because it is the beginning of December and I have to make my Top 45 Songs Of 2013. But if it debuts next weekend, maybe I can make an exception.
On Thanksgiving morning, I checked the Hits 1 Weekly Schedule to see if the Weekend Countdown will occur. It didn't say anything about the Weekend Countdown. But then I was in my car later listening to P!nk/Nate Ruess – Just Give Me A Reason on The Pulse when I saw @BritneySpears on Hits 1. I checked and found the Weekend Countdown playing.
The fact that Wax – Rosana is in front of Linkin Park/Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes makes me so ANGRY!!! Rosana should've never came in the first place!
Is Robin Thicke/Pharrell/T.I. – Blurred Lines really still here? It is? Ok, that's all I needed to know.
Lana Del Rey/Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness in the Bottom 5 is unacceptable. Fix it.
If Katy Perry – Roar stays at #1 for 1 more week, they will have tied with Imagine Dragons – Radioactive. If she holds it for 2 more weeks, she will have tied with Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe. If she holds it for 3 more weeks, she will have officially broken the record.
Who is still voting for Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark? 'Cause I wanna have a little chat with them.*
Harry Styles did a track-by-track of One Direction's new album, Midnight Memories, this past week. I have to say. I am impressed. Well done One Direction.
Fall Out Boy did an excellent job at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade performing Alone Together.
Austin Mahone also did a great job performing his new song Banga! Banga!
Why is it that Spyder Harrison never says ft. Steve Aoki when he gets to A Light That Never Comes? It's strange because the electro-DJ says it in Ear Poppin' Music.
Wow. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together made the Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week and it was at #1 last week.
I have a new blog! It is where I pick two songs and you debate which is better. Check it out at www.bettersongdebate.blogspot.com
Now for a mini Hit-Bound review.
- AJR – I'm Ready is on Hit-Bound. If you haven't heard this song before, I recommend you not listen to it unless you want to hear how bad it is. It is an awful kid song with Spongebob's voice for kids who like obnoxious music.
- Haim – The Wire is back on Hit-Bound. No, that doesn't mean it was already on the Weekend Countdown. It left Hit-Bound the same week as Serebro – Mi Mi Mi. And now it's back. It is not good. It is an all girl group who made a displeasing song to me.
- Next we have Bastille – Pompeii. I never liked this song before. But compared to the other songs on Hit-Bound, it's actually pretty good.
Spyder Harrison, please come back and fix what Britney has done!
My Top 5 Picks
1. Linkin Park/Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. Armin van Buuren/Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like
4. Lana Del Rey/Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness
5. Flo Rida – How I Feel
*I want to discuss why it is back in the Top 10. Or even better. Why it is still in the countdown.