Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Avicii (3rd Week) – Week Of October 26, 2013

You guys clearly must not have read the last paragraph of my last post. I said, “Don't stop voting for Train ft. Ashley Monroe – Bruises.” Now I know not to trust you when I say to not stop voting for John Newman – Love Me Again. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Mika ft. Ariana Grande – Popular Song (#24)
  • Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone (#35)
  • Train ft. Ashley Monroe – Bruises (#43)
  • Karmin – Acapella (#44)
  • Awolnation – Sail (#45)

The Countdown
45. Eminem – Berzerk (#25)
44. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#19)
43. Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U (#18)
42. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#41)
41. Tegan & Sara – Closer (#42)
40. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful (#37)
39. Wax – Rosana (DEBUT)
38. Cher Lloyd – I Wish (DEBUT)
37. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#30)
36. Krewella – Live For The Night (#36)
35. New Politics – Harlem (DEBUT)
34. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#38)
33. Katy Perry – Unconditionally (DEBUT)
32. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#40)
31. Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll (#39)
30. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#34)
29. Imagine Dragons – Demons (#33)
28. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack (DEBUT)
27. Jesse McCartney – Back Together (#28)
26. Britney Spears – Work B**ch (#32)
25. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#31)
24. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#13)
23. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (#26)
22. Icona Pop – All Night (#27)
21. The 1975 – Chocolate (#15)
20. Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky (#29)
19. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#22)
18. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#6)
17. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#20)
16. Lana Del Rey ft. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#14)
15. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#17)
14. John Newman – Love Me Again (#23)
13. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed (#12)
12. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love (#16)
11. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#11)
10. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#21)
  9. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#5)
  8. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#8)
  7. Lorde – Royals (#9)
  6. MKTO – Classic (#10)
  5. Paramore – Still Into You (#7)
  4. Lady Gaga – Applause (#4)
  3. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#3)
  2. Katy Perry – Roar (#2)
  1. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#1) [3rd Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!: Tie between Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U and P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (–25)
Biggest Jump: Selena Gomez – Slow Down (+11)

Enrique Iglesias is back with the best debut of the week. When I hear the title Heart Attack, I think of Demi Lovato. A lot of people. And this song is just as good as Heart Attack by Demi Lovato. Well done Enrique Iglesias. It sounds like a song I heard before. Interesting.

Also back, we have Cher Lloyd with her new single I Wish. I hated it at first but now I like it. Good because I don't like writing negative reviews and then having to change them because my opinion of the song changed. Well done Cher Lloyd. Sort of.

New Politics – Harlem is in the middle between my favorite new entrants and my least favorite new entrants. I could really do without the part in the beginning that sounds like kids are singing it. That's what made me sort of not like it. I would always change the station whenever it came on. So it took me a while to realize it was a man singing.

We really don't need more Katy Perry. How many songs does this make for her? Unconditionally is actually kind of bad. Actually, the only song I like by her is Wide AwakeUnconditionally is better than Roar. But it's still bad.

Katy Perry – Roar got lucky because it is no longer my least favorite on the countdown. Wax – Rosana debuted and it is by far the worst song I have ever heard in the history of the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. I don't like the random woman in the chorus singing “What's my motherf**king name?” or in the clean version, “What's my motherfreakin' name?” I hate this song! It better not get anywhere near the Top 10.

It looks like Daft Punk – Get Lucky is on a mission. I don't know any other re-entrant that has gotten to at least #20. (Besides Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight)

I'm so sick of Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity, it's not even funny. If I hear that song one more time... 

Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U looks like it may only last 3 weeks on the countdown after falling back to its debut spot on its second week.

Tomorrow is Halloween! Spyder Harrison has never had a trick-or-treater for the past eight years. He still buys bags of candy though just in case. He said that the one lucky trick-or-treater will probably get a dozen candy bars. Honestly, I think Halloween is a cool holiday, even though I don't dress up. It's still fun to put up spider webs and stuff like that. I hope everyone has a safe Halloween. And good luck Spyder Harrison.

The Hits 1 homepage has posted the incorrect countdown. Even the date for that incorrect countdown is incorrect.

John Newman – Love Me Again must really enjoy being above #23 for the first time. But it's not the same without Bonnie McKee – American Girl.

At first, I was glad that Awolnation – Sail was leaving. But now any song is able to land at #45 like Eminem – Berzerk. Maybe it was a bad thing that Awolnation – Sail left...

Karmin – Acapella, you will most definitely be missed. :'(

Our Top 4 Songs seem to have held their spots from last week. I'm wondering when Lady Gaga – Applause will jump to #1.

I've resumed my Hit-Bound Review blog. Just so everyone knows, I have this blog, a Hit-Bound blog at www.hits1hitboundreview.blogspot.com, and an Album Review blog at www.latestalbumreviews.blogspot.com

Recently released music last week
- Justin Bieber has released his fourth single! It's called Recovery. All I can say is it sounds just like his other three singles. Justin basically made the same song four times. I got a bad feeling about this next album. No Justin Bieber album can be better than Believe.

- Katy Perry has released Prism. I am not impressed. Especially with Roar and Unconditionally. The only song I can really stand by Katy Perry is Wide Awake. And that's in all her albums combined.

- The moment you've all been waiting for. Wait for it...       ...wait for it...       ...ONE DIRECTION HAS RELEASED STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! I'm sure a bunch of girls are more excited than I am. Story Of My Life is a great song. I'm glad it's available because I'm not waiting until November 25th to get one song from the album.

I've decided to make a post at the end of the year with a countdown where you vote for the music. It's just like the Weekend Countdown. Except you can vote for any song that has been on the countdown any time in 2013. Vote for songs by e-mailing me your votes at adrianc0502@yahoo.com with the song you vote for or by leaving comments on my posts with your votes. Voting starts on Halloween (Tomorrow) and ends on Christmas (December 25th). No more votes will be accepted after that point. I recommend everyone to vote. It's a countdown controlled by you.

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Enrique Iglesias – Heart Attack
3. MKTO – Classic
4. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes
5. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy
(6. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed)

1 comment: