Sunday, October 13, 2013

Avicii (1st Week) – Week Of 10/12/13

It has been a while since I was actually excited for this week's #1. Kelly Clarkson was this weekend's guest host. After Spyder Harrison hosted for 5 weeks in a row, I'm pretty sure everyone saw the guest host coming. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Florida Georgia Line – Cruise (#31)
  • Bonnie McKee – American Girl (#33)
  • Cody Simpson – Pretty Brown Eyes (#43)
  • Bruno Mars – Treasure (#44)
(Nice job at announcing these, Kelly.*)

The Countdown
45. Tegan & Sara – Closer (#42)
44. Awolnation – Sail (#45)
43. Robin Thicke – Give It 2 U (DEBUT)
42. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#41) [1 Week @ #1]
41. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#36) [3 Weeks @ #1]
40. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy (DEBUT)
39. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#38)
38. Imagine Dragons – Demons (DEBUT)
37. Karmin – Acapella (RE-ENTRY)
36. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful (#34)
35. Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky (#40)
34. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#27)
33. Icona Pop – All Night (#26)
32. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#5) [6 Weeks @ #1]
31. John Newman – Love Me Again (#32)
30. Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone (#25)
29. Krewella – Live For The Night (#30)
28. The Mowgli's – Say It, Just Say It (#37)
27. Britney Spears – Work B**ch (#24)
26. Train ft. Ashley Monroe – Bruises (#12)
25. Demi Lovato – Made In The USA (#19)
24. Eminem – Berzerk (#17)
23. Jesse McCartney – Back Together (#21)
22. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#28)
21. Selena Gomez – Slow Down (#35)
20. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (#20)
19. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (#22)
18. Lorde – Royals (#18)
17. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#8)
16. Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes (#39)
15. Mika ft. Ariana Grande – Popular Song (#11)
14. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#15)
13. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (#23)
12. Lana Del Rey ft. Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#13)
11. MKTO – Classic (#9)
10. The 1975 – Chocolate (#10)
  9. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#14)
  8. Paramore – Still Into You (#7)
  7. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love (#4)
  6. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#3) [8 Weeks @ #1]
  5. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed (#16)
  4. Lady Gaga – Applause (#6)
  3. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#29)
  2. Katy Perry – Roar (#1) [5 Weeks @ #1]
  1. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#2) [New #1!]

Biggest DROP!!!: Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (-27)
Biggest Jump: Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (+26)

Welcome back, Karmin – Acapella. We missed you. We have three new entrants. Hunter Hayes is 22 years old. That's two years older than what I thought. I Want Crazy is an interesting song where you can tell it is country. What a coincidence that he debuted the same week as Florida Georgia Line left.

Imagine Dragons, one of my favorite bands. They never disappoint me with their music. That band made Radioactive, which was so close to tying the all time record for most weeks at #1 with Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe. Don't give up hope guys. I still want you to reach #1 for just one more week. Is that too much to ask? Sorry, I kind of went off topic. The band made Demons. A song that I first heard in a commercial. It may not be able to beat Radioactive. But it can do something. At least reach the Top 10.

Blurred Lines was SO close to #1. But Radioactive kept it away for 8 weeks and Love Somebody kept it away for 1 week. I don't think Robin Thicke's new song, Give It 2 U, has any chance at the Top 5. And I know it has no chance at #1. That is how bad it is. I understand why it had the lowest debut. But I don't understand how it debuted in the first place.

What a coincidence that Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up and Bonnie McKee – American Girl debuted on the same week. The same week Avicii reaches #1, Bonnie McKee leaves.

3 of our Top 5 songs have left the Top 5. And 3 strangers appear in the Top 5.

John Newman – Love Me Again has reached the dangerous #31 spot. Quite a few songs have left the countdown after reaching #31. Why? I don't know.

Like I said, Kelly Clarkson was this weekend's host. She was terrible! In the beginning, she introduces herself. 2 seconds later, she is saying last week's Top 5 songs. Spyder Harrison usually has a long intro. And I think throughout the countdown, I heard the Electronic DJ's voice more than Kelly Clarkson's.

I forgot Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone was on the countdown. The only songs I can remember are the really good ones or the really bad ones.

Awolnation. That's all I need to say.

News for all those crazy girl beliebers: Justin Bieber recently released his new single, Heartbreaker. I have to admit, it's not Justin's best work. There are a lot of negative reviews on it on iTunes. Take a listen to it. See how bad it is.

Here's a funny #1 list
1 Week at #1: Olly Murs – Troublemaker
2 Weeks at #1: Adele – Someone Like You
3 Weeks at #1: Maroon 5 – Payphone
4 Weeks at #1: Ke$ha – Die Young
5 Weeks at #1: Katy Perry – Roar
6 Weeks at #1: Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
7 Weeks at #1: Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine – Stereo Hearts
8 Weeks at #1: Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
9 Weeks at #1: Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe (All Time Record)

This was not a bad week. I accept everything except the guest host and the Biggest Jump.

Now for a mini Hit-Bound Review

On Hit-Bound, we have OneRepublic's lead single off their album, Native, also known as #1 in the UK charts. It's called Counting Stars. I really like this one. OneRepublic just makes cool music. This song can never get old.

Next, we have Midnight Red – Hell Yeah. This song is interesting. Take Me Home may be their more popular song. But Hell Yeah is the better one. The group reminds me of One Direction and The Wanted.

Speaking of The Wanted, people must not be voting for We Own The Night. It's been on Hit-Bound for months now. It definitely has a chance at the Weekend Countdown. Good luck band who reminds me of One Direction and Midnight Red.

Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll remains on Hit-Bound. It's a cool song. It should debut the countdown. There might be people who don't like it. But luckily, I am not one of those people.

Ellie Goulding – Burn has also been on Hit-Bound for a while. It is a good song. One time this year, I heard Lights. I love that song. And then I look back to see that it had already been on the countdown at some point. I'm starting to think Burn won't enter until I Need Your Love exits.

I can't help it. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up is such a good song.

My Top 5 Picks
1. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up
2. John Newman – Love Me Again
3. MKTO – Classic
4. Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy
5. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight

*I was being sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment