Saturday, September 28, 2013

Katy Perry (4th Week) – Week Of 9/28/13

As usual, our #1 and #2 songs remain in their spots. I think it'll be a while before they leave their spots. Notice that I have a few blank spots. I will get to those as soon as possible. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • Swedish House Mafia – Don't You Worry Child (#31)
  • P!nk ft. Nate Ruess – Just Give Me a Reason (#38)
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop (#39)
  • One Direction – Best Song Ever (#42)
The Countdown
45. Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up (RE-ENTRY)
44. Selena Gomez – Come & Get It (#30)
43. Tegan & Sara – Closer (#43)
42. Awolnation – Sail (#44)
41. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water (DEBUT)
40. Florida Georgia Line – Cruise (#21)
39. Karmin – Acapella (#45)
38. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather (DEBUT)
37. Bruno Mars – Treasure (#40)
36. Train ft. Ashley Monroe – Bruises (#36)
35. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#29)
34. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight (RE-ENTRY)
33. Icona Pop – I Love It (#35)
32. Cody Simpson – Pretty Brown Eyes (#26)
31. Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness (#37)
30. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#10)
29. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines
28. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful (#19)
27. Britney Spears – Work B**ch (#41)
26. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (#28)
25. Icona Pop – All Night (#18)
24. Bonnie McKee – American Girl (#32)
23. John Newman – Love Me Again (#23)
22. Jesse McCartney – Back Together (#20)
21. Lorde – Royals (#25)
20. Krewella – Live For The Night (#16)
19. Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone (#17)
18. Demi Lovato – Made In The USA (#34)
17. Fall Out Boy – Alone Together (#27)
16. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#15)
15. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#11)
14. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed (#13)
13. Eminem – Berzerk (#14)
12. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#8)
11. Mika ft. Ariana Grande – Popular Song (#24)
10. Lady Gaga – Applause (#9)
  9. The 1975 – Chocolate (#12)
  8. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#7)
  7. MKTO – Classic (#22)
  6. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#6)
  5. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#3)
  4. Paramore – Still Into You (#4)
  3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love (#5)
  2. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#2)
  1. Katy Perry – Roar (#1) [4th Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!: Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (-20)

Biggest Jump: Demi Lovato – Made In The USA (+16)

We have two new entrants and two re-entrants. One of our two re-entrants left the countdown a week ago and the other left over a year ago. Welcome back Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up and Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight. There was a big gap between when Dance With Me Tonight left and when it re-entered. There were Olly's other songs, Troublemaker and Heart Skips a Beat. I like Dance With Me Tonight. After some time on Hit-Bound it should be able to last more than one week. Olly Murs never disappoints me. However, Dance With Me Tonight is not good enough to beat Love Me Again in My Top 5 Picks.

It's been a while since we heard from Mr. Travie McCoy and Mr. Jason Mraz. Together they made Rough Water which I really like. I love Jason's part in the song. Anything with Jason Mraz has to be good. It just HAS to be. The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather is an irritating song that annoyed me every time it came on when I was listening to Hit-Bound. I know I say I like songs after a while when I used to dislike them. (Like Britney Spears – Work B**ch *) But I will never say this song is good.

* Britney Spears – Work B**ch really isn't that bad. The instrument sounds are good. Britney's singing is not. I actually want you to not kick it out.

How is Awolnation – Sail still in the countdown? It gets more annoying every week.

John Newman – Love Me Again and Bonnie McKee – American Girl are Back Together *.

* The song after Newman and McKee is Jesse McCartney – Back Together. John Newman and Bonnie McKee are Back Together. Get it?

Maroon 5 – Love Somebody is following in Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines' footsteps.

Welcome to the Top 10 MKTO – Classic and The 1975 – Chocolate.

Swedish House Mafia, you will be missed. If you guys were still in the countdown, I would have put you in My Top 5 Picks.

I thought Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop would never leave the countdown.

I wish I could put Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais – Summertime Sadness in My Top 5 Picks. But there are too many good songs.

Now for a mini Hit-Bound Review.

Imagine Dragons – Demons is now on Hit-Bound. Do you think it'll beat Radioactive at its own game? Maybe. I keep thinking Fall Out Boy – Alone Together will My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. Probably not. We'll see how it goes.

Hunter Hayes – I Want Crazy is also on Hit-Bound. Looks like we got another country song our way. It will be a weird coincidence if the same week Florida Georgia Line leaves, Hunter Hayes enters.

We also have Linkin Park & Steve Aoki – A Light That Never Comes. I find Linkin Park as an OK band. They're not my favorite or my least favorite. But this song got me more into them. Expect them to debut this countdown.

I find Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – White Walls annoying and worse than Thrift Shop. All three of their most played songs are better and I hope this doesn't become a fourth.

It appears fun. – Out On The Town has left Hit-Bound. It was actually pretty good. I thought it would have been fun.'s new hit after Some Nights left the countdown.

Goodbye Flo Rida ft. Pitbull – Can't Believe It. I'm glad your chance at the Weekend Countdown is gone. Pitbull does not belong in rap music.

I'm afraid to say the following songs have left My Top 5 Picks and may never return.
  • Eminem – Berzerk
  • Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up
  • Bruno Mars – Gorilla 
  • Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love
  • Fall Out Boy – Alone Together
  • Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up
My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again 
2. Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight
3. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful
4. Jesse McCartney – Back Together
5. Travie McCoy ft. Jason Mraz – Rough Water 

No comments:

Post a Comment