Sunday, September 15, 2013

Katy Perry (2nd Week) - Week of 9/14/13

Last Friday was Friday the 13th. Anyone have bad luck. Sure hope not. Many people don't believe in Friday the 13th. And some do. I'm in the middle. I sort of believe in it. I sort of don't. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers – Get Lucky (#37)
  • Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner – L.A. Story (#41)
The Countdown
45. Awolnation – Sail (#44) [No]
44. Jason Derulo – The Other Side (#17) [Yes]
43. P!nk ft. Nate Ruess – Just Give Me a Reason (#38) [Yes]
42. Icona Pop – I Love It (#45) [No]
41. Bruno Mars – Gorilla (DEBUT) [Yes]
40. Karmin – Acapella (#25) [Yes]
39. Anna Kendrick – Cups (#42) [Yes]
38. Swedish House Mafia – Don't You Worry Child (#43) [Yes]
37. Lorde – Royals (DEBUT) [Yes]
36. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz – Thrift Shop (#33) [No]
35. Tegan & Sara – Closer (#29) [No]
34. Demi Lovato – Heart Attack (#34) [Yes]
33. Train ft. Ashley Monroe – Bruises (#24) [Yes]
32. Selena Gomez – Come & Get It (#32) [Yes]
31. Enrique Iglesias –Turn The Night Up (#39) [Yes]
30. Bonnie McKee – American Girl (#28) [Yes]
29. John Newman – Love Me Again (#31) [Yes]
28. Cody Simpson – Pretty Brown Eyes (#30) [Yes]
27. Icona Pop – All Night (#35) [Yes]
26. MKTO – Classic (#22) [Yes]
25. Krewella – Live For The Night (#27) [No]
24. P!nk ft. Lily Allen – True Love (#26) [Yes]
23. The 1975 – Chocolate (#40) [Yes]
22. Jesse McCartney – Back Together (#20) [Yes]
21. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton – Can't Hold Us (#19) [Yes]
20. Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone (#36) [Yes]
19. One Direction – Best Song Ever (#18) [No]
18. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful (#16) [Yes]
17. Mika ft. Ariana Grande – Popular Song (#15) [Yes]
16. Bruno Mars – Treasure (#14) [No]
15. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran – Everything Has Changed (#13) [Yes]
14. Eminem – Berzerk (#21) [Yes]
13. Florida Georgia Line – Cruise (#4) [Yes]
12. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (#6) [Yes]
11. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound (#11) [Yes]
10. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. – Blurred Lines (#3) [Yes]
  9. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up (#23) [Yes]
  8. Lady Gaga – Applause (#10) [Yes]
  7. Paramore – Still Into You (#9) [Yes]
  6. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (#12) [No]
  5. Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#7) [No]
  4. Maroon 5 – Love Somebody (#5) [Yes]
  3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert – Same Love (#8) [Yes]
  2. Imagine Dragons – Radioactive (#2) [Yes]
  1. Katy Perry – Roar (#1) [No] {2nd Week at #1}

Biggest DROP!!!: Jason Derulo – The Other Side (-27)
Biggest Jump: The 1975 – Chocolate (+17)

Bruno Mars
now has his 4th song from the same album, Unorthodox Jukebox. It's called Gorilla. It's not any better than Locked Out Of Heaven or When I Was Your Man. But it is better than Treasure. This song is a little interesting. But it just debuted on the countdown randomly. It wasn't on Hit-Bound last week. I know because I did a review on it last week. (Not this blog. I have a different blog for Hit-Bound.)

Lorde – Royals is boring at first. But I slowly got into it. I first heard it on Alt Nation's Alt-18 Countdown. Just like Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up. That was also on the Alt-18 Countdown before the Weekend Countdown. Anyway, I occasionally get Lorde confused with MS MR. Their voices sound kind of alike.

The first thing you noticed is probably all the Yes' and No's next to each song. Those are my opinions of each song. Yes means I want it or would like it to remain in the countdown. No means I want it to leave the countdown. I'm pretty flexible. You should see that I have more yes' than no's. It's pretty straight forward what they mean.

You can probably tell I'm annoyed that Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love never got to reach the Top 5. It is a good song. It's better than most of the songs currently in the Top 10.

Poor Robin Thicke. Never had a chance to get to #1. Imagine Dragons kept every other song away from the #1 spot.

That's what I'm talking about! Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up in the Top 10. It might make it to #1.

I bet Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Same Love will take over #1 since it's at #3. Plus, their other songs have had a chance at chance at #1.

Goodbye Daft Punk – Get Lucky. You will (not) be missed. You know what Daft Punk song should debut? Lose Yourself To Dance. I love that song. If it debuts it will definitely reach #1. It's better than Get Lucky.

You remember how in my first post Olly Murs – Troublemaker was my favorite song on the countdown. The next week, it left and John Newman – Love Me Again debuted. (Macklemore was the guest host that week. I hope he wasn't the one who kicked out Olly Murs). But it's like John Newman became the new Olly Murs.

They shortened John Newman – Love Me Again too much. It's bad enough they don't play the bridge between the 2nd and 3rd chorus. But skipping the 1st verse as well as the bridge. Now it's too short. People should be able to hear the full song. Also, when I sing along to the song on the radio. I would love to sing to the whole song and not just the same chorus over again and one verse. Please play the full song! :(

Jason Derulo – The Other Side is moving all over the countdown. #12 –> #20 –> #45 –> #14 –> #17 –> #44. Can't it just stay in one spot?

Karmin – Acapella, welcome to the bottom of the countdown.

Last week's #'s 13, 14, 15, and 16 turned into this week's #'s 15, 16, 17, and 18.

Phillip Phillips – Gone Gone Gone was one spot away from having the biggest jump of the week. Unfortunately, The 1975 – Chocolate beat it by one spot.

Spyder Harrison likes Eminem – Berzerk. Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Awolnation – Sail is really shooting for the longest amount of time on the countdown.

Spyder Harrison made a mistake because he said Enrique Iglesias – Turn The Night Up moved down 8 spots when it really moved up 8 spots. I was a little confused at that moment.

My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman – Love Me Again
2. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé – Beneath Your Beautiful
3. Eminem – Berzerk
4. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc – Wake Me Up
5. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love
(6. Bruno Mars – Gorilla)

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and get $$$$$$ from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete