Monday, September 2, 2013

Imagine Dragons (8th Week) - Week of 8/31/13

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive has been at #1 too many times. Do you think it will make it at #1 for 2 more weeks equalling 10 weeks total? We'll have to wait and see. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs we're saying goodbye to this week.
  • JTX - Summer Lover (#32)
  • Emblem 3 - Chloe (#30)
The Countdown
45. Anna Kendrick - Cups (#39)
44. Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner - L.A. Story (#23)
43. Ke$ha ft. will.i.am - Crazy Kids (#42)
42. Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (RE-ENTRY)
41. P!nk ft. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason (#44)
40. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz - Thrift Shop (#38)
39. Jesse McCartney - Back Together (DEBUT)
38. Icona Pop - I Love It (#40)
37. Awolnation - Sail (#41)
36. Bruno Mars - Treasure (#42)
35. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It (#35)
34. Daft Punk ft. Pharrell & Nile Rodgers - Get Lucky (#29)
33. The 1975 - Chocolate (#16)
32. Tegan & Sara - Closer (#33)
31. Cody Simpson - Pretty Brown Eyes (#26)
30. fun. - Some Nights (#34)
29. Bonnie McKee - American Girl (#37)
28. John Newman - Love Me Again (#25)
27. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (#28)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You (#20)
25. P!nk ft. Lily Allen - True Love (#24)
24. Krewella - Live For The Night (#31)
23. MKTO - Classic (#19)
22. Train ft. Ashley Monroe - Bruises (#22)
21. One Direction - Best Song Ever (#15)
20. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up (#36)
19. Mika ft. Ariana Grande - Popular Song (#21)
18. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert - Same Love (#27)
17. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran - Everything Has Changed (#17)
16. Icona Pop - All Night (#18)
15. Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (#7)
14. Jason Derulo - The Other Side (#45)
13. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful (#14)
12. Karmin - Acapella (#13)
11. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (#10)
10. Lady Gaga - Applause (#15)
  9. Paramore - Still Into You (#12)
  8. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us (#8)
  7. Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (#5)
  6. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love (#6)
  5. Maroon 5 - Love Somebody (#3)
  4. Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity (#4)
  3. Katy Perry - Roar (#9)
  2. Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. - Blurred Lines (#2)
  1. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (#1) [8th Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!: Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) (-2)
I'm just kidding. I wish that could happen though.

Actual Biggest DROP!!!: Sammy Adams ft. Mike Posner - L.A. Story (-21)

Biggest Jump: Jason Derulo - The Other Side (+31)

Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child has re-entered the countdown at #42. We also have a debut from Jesse McCartney. The only other song I heard from him was Beautiful Soul. Back Together is pretty different from Beautiful Soul. (In my opinion.) Back Together is still interesting.

Uh-oh. Icona Pop - I Love It has been on the countdown too long that it is becoming not as bad as it used to be. The lyrics just make me laugh. "I crashed my car into a bridge. I watched and let it burn. I threw your stuff into a bag and pushed it down the stairs. I crashed my car into a bridge. I don't care! I love it!" They don't go together. Who would let their car burn? Whose stuff did you throw into a bag? It is also really repetitive.

Katy Perry - Roar at #3!? What is wrong with you people? That song is just annoying.

Hayley Williams from Paramore was this weekend's guest host. First of all, on the screen, her name was spelled @yelyahWilliams. Which is supposed to be Hayley backwards. There is a pattern going on. Spyder Harrison hosts every other weekend. And all the other weekends there is a guest host. If there is going to be a guest host. It should be someone good. Like Labrinth or Bruno Mars.

Like I said, Imagine Dragons - Radioactive has been at #1 too many times. Give Robin Thicke a chance. But if Imagine Dragons needs to stay at #1 in order for Katy Perry to stay away from #1, I'm perfectly fine with that. But Robin Thicke deserves a chance.

Speaking of Robin Thicke, Robin Thicke - Give It 2 U is currently on Hit-Bound. It isn't any better than Blurred Lines. But I know he has worse. Also on Hit-Bound, we have Eminem - Berzerk. As usual Eminem does a lot of screaming in this song. But it is really cool. We also have Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight which isn't any better than Troublemaker. However, Olly never disappoints me with his music. We also have Fall Out Boy - Alone Together which is more interesting than My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. Now for the best song on Hit-Bound. It is The Wanted - We Own The Night. I really enjoy this song. I think it should debut the weekend countdown. Do you guys think I should do a review on Hit-Bound? I can if you want me to.

Train ft. Ashley Monroe - Bruises is really good at holding the #22 spot.

Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You and Mika ft. Ariana Grande - Popular Song don't move very much towards the Top 10.

A good 15 songs on the countdown had just appealed to me after hearing it yesterday. And a good 20 songs on the countdown I had bought from iTunes.

15 Songs that appealed to me

  • Mika ft. Ariana Grande - Popular Song
  • MKTO - Classic
  • Swedish House Mafia - Don't Your Worry Child
  • Anna Kendrick - Cups
  • Cody Simpson - Pretty Brown Eyes
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert - Same Love
  • Karmin - Acapella 
  • Lady Gaga - Applause
  • Paramore - Still Into You
  • Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. - Blurred Lines
  • The 1975 - Chocolate
  • Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love
  • Icona Pop - I Love It
  • Jesse McCartney - Back Together
  • Jason Derulo - The Other Side

20 Songs I have bought from iTunes

  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I, - Blurred Lines
  • Maroon 5 - Love Somebody
  • Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love
  • Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
  • Lady Gaga - Applause
  • Capital Cities - Safe and Sound
  • Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful 
  • Florida Georgia Line - Cruise
  • Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
  • Train ft. Ashley Monroe - Bruises
  • Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You
  • Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
  • John Newman - Love Me Again
  • fun. - Some Nights
  • Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
  • Bruno Mars - Treasure
  • Awolnation - Sail
  • P!nk ft. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason
My Top 5 Picks
1. John Newman - Love Me Again
2. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up
3. Labrinth ft. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful
4. Twenty One Pilots - Holding On To You
5. Jesse McCartney - Back Together




No comments:

Post a Comment