Sunday, September 1, 2013

2013 MTV Video Music Awards

This has nothing to do with the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. I just thought I could talk about it. This is about the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards which took place on the night of August 25, 2013 at 9:00 ET (8:00 CT). There is a lot to talk about. There were many people either performing, in the audience, or they were nominees that are in the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. Artists like Lady Gaga, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Ray Dalton, Mary Lambert, Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, Robin Thicke, Bruno Mars, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Twenty One Pilots, Zedd, and Katy Perry. There were some good performances. And then there were some not so good performances. And then there were the horrible performances. We were able to vote for the best artist to watch. Here were the nominees: Austin Mahone, Iggy Azalea, The Weekend, Twenty One Pilots, and Zedd. Now on with the performance reviews.

We started with Lady Gaga, who did bad, and then Miley Cyrus, who was horrible. Lady Gaga kept changing her outfit during her performance. She ended her performance wearing only a thong. (And a bra of course.) And her butt was showing. And she stayed like that for the rest of the night. And she was the first performance. She performed Applause. Now for the worst performance of the night. Miley Cyrus performed We Can't Stop in the worst way possible. First of all, I didn't like what she was wearing. Second of all, she wasn't good when it came to singing. There were all these people in bear costumes around her. I bet so many people stopped watching it after they saw Miley. She was that bad. Eventually, Robin Thicke joined in with Blurred Lines. Robin Thicke's performance was good...               ...if Miley Cyrus wasn't grinding on him!!! She ruined Robin's performance. Miley Cyrus lost her mind. I never really liked Robin Thicke - Give It 2 U. But when Robin performed that song, it was better than his Blurred Lines performance. The longest performance of the night came from Justin Timberlake, who performed for like 20 minutes. He performed pretty much all the songs I knew by him. Including Mirrors. He even performed at one point with *NSYNC. Everyone is saying that was the best performance of the night.

We had a performance from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert with Same Love. That song has an important social message. I find this song extremely important and I do think it is a good song. Bruno Mars had performed his song Gorilla. It was one of the only good performances. I think his one of his other 3 most popular songs (Locked Out Of Heaven, When I Was Your Man, and Treasure) would've been better. But it was still good. We also had performances from Drake and Kanye West. But I want to get to the last performance. (A.K.A. My 2nd least favorite performance.) Katy Perry performed her song Roar. I don't like the song. So I obviously didn't like the performance. But if you liked the performance and you disagree with me then stop reading this. I didn't understand the performance. She was in this boxing ring. I don't even remember most of her performance. All I remember is that I didn't like it. Now for the award reviews.

Best Pop Video

  • Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
  • Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
  • fun. - Carry On 
  • Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
  • Selena Gomez - Come & Get It


Winner: Selena Gomez - Come & Get It

Best Rock Video

  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)
  • Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait
  • Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
  • Thirty Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air

Winner: Thirty Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air

Too many more awards. Now I'm going to only say the winners.

Best Male Video
Winner: Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven

Best Female Video
Winner: Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble

Best Hip-Hop Video
Winner: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us

Best Collaboration
Winner: P!nk ft. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason

Best Video with Social Message
Winner: Maclemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert - Same Love

Artist To Watch
Winner: Austin Mahone - What About Love

Video Of The Year
Winner: Justin Timberlake - Mirrors


Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell & T.I. - Blurred Lines were nominees for quite a few awards. Even though they didn't win any. They should know that their song is at least good enough to be a nominee. There were more awards that I didn't get to. I'm sorry but it is just too many.

My Top 5 Performances
1. Bruno Mars - Gorilla
2. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert - Same Love
4. Robin Thicke - Give It 2 U
5. Kanye West - Blood On The Leaves

My Bottom 4 Performances
4. Lady Gaga - Applause
3. Robin Thicke & Miley Cyrus - Blurred Lines
2. Katy Perry - Roar
1. Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment